Is your sales process really working for you, and providing you with the results you’re looking to achieve? And more importantly – Do you even have a sales process in place? If no, then why not? Ask yourself these important questions as the first step to empowering your organization to overcome obstacles and boost revenues by energizing your entire sales team.
If You DON’T Have a Sales Process
- How are you providing a reliable forecast?
- How do you track sales progression? Is it from the sales person’s point of view, or the buyer’s?
- How do you develop your sales reps’ skills? And what are you coaching them to do?
- How do you know you’re effectively utilizing resources?
- How are you able to onboard new sales reps quickly if reps have no consistent way of understanding the most efficient way to navigate the sales cycle based on previous successes?
If You DO Have a Sales Process
- Is your sales process effective in helping you forecast? How do you know if your deals are qualified and/or if the close date is accurate?
- Is it helping reps produce revenue faster? Or lose earlier?
- Is it enabling you to onboard your sales organization quicker?
- Is it lining up with your clients’ buying behavior, and resulting in more success for them?
- Is it fully adopted and part of your organization’s DNA?
Now, I’m making a big assumption here, that you want a sales organization that consistently fills the pipeline with quality deals, wins business that helps customers accomplish their priority goals, and provides lasting returns. Am I right? So stop wasting time and effort, and stop wondering why you’re missing your sales targets. When you have a sales process that actually works, you can effectively lead your sales teams and ensure your reps have what they need to blast beyond their current performance level with consistency.